Halo 3: ODST Competition Guide
Tournament Competition Guide
Halo 3: ODST - 4v4 (Xbox 360)
You must first register a user account for the Newegg Wanfest Halo 3 (Xbox 360) Tournament at the official site. It is important that you remember your username and password, as they will be required for a number of purposes including checking dates and times of upcoming matches and opening support tickets. Your Xbox Live Gamertag will be required during registration, so please double check this for accuracy!
- My Registration- Here you can view all of your upcoming matches and completed matches under the "My Matches and Challenges" section, as well as the tournaments you are registered for under the "My Competitions" section.
- Support - If you have a problem, dispute, general question, or otherwise need assistance, you can create a new support ticket on the support page.
- You can view upcoming matches (including date and time), match brackets, and your opponent’s contact information & Xbox Live Gamertag on the My Matches page. You must be logged in to view this page.
- If BOTH teams are unable to make the match date and time specified on the schedule, both teams will need to open a support ticket. Pending an administrator’s approval, both teams will be permitted to reschedule to a date and time within 22 hours of the original match date. Remember, the match score must be reported via My Matches within 22 hours of the originally scheduled match. If the score is not reported, both teams will be subject to a double forfeit and removal from the tournament. If one team is present at the scheduled match time, and their opponent is not, the team that showed up will be awarded a forfeit win.
- Teams must be logged into Xbox Live with the correct Gamertags listed in their user profiles and available at least 15 minutes before the scheduled match time. At match time, it is strongly suggested that you log onto IRC (www.mirc.com) and join the channel “#newegg.support” on the channel irc.gamesurge.net network. Match information will of course be posted in the My Matches section but to facilitate the large number of players in the tournament, it is strongly suggested that you be on IRC during your scheduled match time. For help using mIRC please see item #9 below.
Server hosting and playing your match –
- The higher seed as listed on the tournament bracket will host the game and invite the opponent, via Xbox Live, to the match. If the invited team is unresponsive, or not online, the hosting team will be awarded a forfeit win. Please keep records of all messages / invites sent between your team and your opponents as this can be useful to an admin in the event of a dispute.
- Once both teams are connected, play will commence when all players are ready. Both teams must take digital photos of the results of the match! Please refer to the official Halo 3 Rules for match rules & settings. It is required that both teams take end-game digital photos in the event that a dispute arises. Be sure to include the scoreboard (which shows both team’s Xbox Live Gamertags) in your screen shots.
Post-match score reporting and dispute process –
- After the match, it is the responsibility of the winning team to report a win via the My Matches section. Double check to make sure the score is accurate before submitting!
- In the event that a dispute arises, it must be brought to the attention of a tournament administrator via support ticket or IRC within 5 minutes of the conclusion of the match. Disputes will not be heard more than 10 minutes after the conclusion of the match.
Forfeit win/loss criteria and support –
- If your opponent doesn’t show up at the scheduled match time, after a 15 minute grace period you will need to report a forfeit win via the My Matches section. If you have wrongly been awarded a forfeit win or given a forfeit loss, you need to contact a tournament administrator immediately on IRC or via a support ticket. If you do not report a false forfeit win or loss within 2 hours of the regularly scheduled start of the match, the dispute will be discarded.
- If an issue occurs, or you require assistance at any time during the tournament, you may open a support ticket via the Support page. You may also speak to a live administrator via IRC (http://www.mirc.com to download the chat client) in channel #newegg.support on the irc.gamesurge.net network.
To access the network, simply open your mIRC client and type “/s irc.gamesurge.net” followed by “/j #newegg.support”. Administrators will be available during all scheduled matches. Please note that if a dispute arises, it must be filed either via support ticket or on IRC at half-time or directly after the match.
- Note that this competition guide could change based on the game’s current version. Please check this document often for updates!