Left 4 Dead Rules
Online Event Tournament Rules
Left 4 Dead (PC)
|Match:||One complete campaign|
|Match Winner:||The highest scoring team at the end of the campaign|
|Half time:||The period of time between maps 2 and 3|
|Competition Method:||4 vs. 4|
|Campaigns:||No Mercy, Blood Harvest, Death Toll, Dead Air|
|Rounds:||10 rounds total, 2 per map|
|Victory Condition:||Highest scoring team at the end of the campaign|
|Configuration File:||Competitive Standard (all health packs removed, tanks spawn every map, etc.)|
- The higher seeded team (lower numerical seed value on bracket) will have the first choice to play as Infected or Survivor
- At the end of each map, teams will be swapped and teams will start the new map as the faction they played as last (IE if Team 1 played as Infected first on Map 1, Team 1 will now play as Survivor first on Map 2)
- In the event of overtime, each team will play as the opposite faction that they played while starting the first map
- You can view your upcoming match as well as your opponent's contact information on the My Matches & Challenges page
Setup and Configuration:
- Non-standard game settings or third party applications that affect game play are not permitted. Players found using either will be penalized at the administrators´ discretion.
- Use of Ventrilo is allowed
- Any disconnection issues that cannot be resolved by the players in the match must be brought to the attention of an admin immediately
- Any use of game exploits, cheats, or any other play deemed “unfair” by an admin may result in disciplinary action up to and including disqualification from the tournament
- All players must save game replays and end-of-game score screen shots; in the event of a dispute, these assets will be used as evidence to determine the result of the dispute
- Disputes must be filed within 10 minutes of the completion of the match on the Support page
- All players must be on and ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled match time; teams must idle in #newegg.support on irc.gamesurge.net to facilitate communication and server assignments
- Once the match starts, players will not be able to dispute a match on the grounds of match settings
- Any intentional abuse of "pause" by a player on the server will be result in disciplinary action to be decided by an administrator
- Once a half is deemed LIVE, teams are NOT allowed to restart the match, unless a player drops from the server within the first minute of play. If the server is reset after the first minute all rounds played before the crash will count toward the final score. In the event of a tank spawning and immediately falling off the roof before the player has even taken control on No Mercy finale the round should be replayed for the team that is infected.
- Match scoring will be the default scoring system in game.
- Scores must be reported via the My Matches & Challenges page within 15 minutes after the end of the match by the winning team
In-Game Messaging and Communication:
- Competitors are not allowed to use global in-game chat in an abusive, offensive, vulgar or spamming manner at any point during a match. This includes pre-match, intermission and post-match periods as well.
- When a match is live, only team captains are allowed to use global in-game messages between rounds or at half time, other players must use team-only in-game messages
- Violators of these rules are subject to penalties at the administrators’ discretion, which may include player suspension(s) or forfeiture of the match.
- All match disputes must be filed by a team captain during regulation play, or within 5 minutes after the match’s conclusion
- Methods of contacting an admin include IRC support located at #newegg.support on network irc.gamesurge.net or by filing a support ticket on the Support page.
The following is a list of illegal spots during match play:
- The vents behind the elevator on the 28th floor of No Mercy 4 are illegal.
- Camping vents while a tank is active is illegal.
- On No Mercy 3, if a tank is active, going in the bathroom in the restauraunt and camping on top of the stalls is illegal.
The following is not allowed during live match play:
- Skipping any crescendo event without triggering it is illegal.
- Blocking the path of the survivors with a car or a tree or any other moveable object which prevents them from advancing is illegal.
- Any method of circumventing the infected spawn timer is illegal.
- Being in a position that is not reachable by regular zombies as a survivor is illegal.
- Camping anywhere the infected cannot attack you is illegal.
- Bunny hopping with the hunter to increase damage pounces is illegal
The Administrators reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organizer decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament. Teams are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and prior to the event to ensure they are in complete compliance. Teams must understand that rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by the administrators based on the spirit of the game.