Counter-Strike 1.6 Rules
Online Event Tournament Rules
Counter-Strike 1.6 (PC)
|Round:||One 1 minute 45 second cycle on a map|
|Half:||15 rounds of play on a defending or offensive side|
|Half time:||The period between halves in which teams swap sides|
|Match:||First team to win 16 total rounds, or the single overtime round|
|Overtime:||In the case of a 15-15 score at the end of regulation play, 3 overtime rounds will be played. The start money for each team will be set at $10,000 per player for overtime.|
|Competition Method:||5 vs. 5|
|Players:||10 total (5 on each team)|
|Rounds:||30 rounds for regulation play|
|Max Rounds Format:||15 rounds as Offense, and 15 rounds as Defense per team until the victory condition is met|
|Victory Condition:||The first team to win 16 rounds in regulation or the team that wins the overtime period.|
|Startmoney:||$800 for regulation play, $10,000 for overtime periods|
|C4 Timer:||35 seconds|
*The map pool may be changed prior to the tournament. Players will be informed of any such changes as soon as possible.
- The higher seeded will have the first choice of either being on offense or defense to start the game
- At half time, teams will switch sides
- Half time will be a maximum of two minutes, at which point both teams must be ready
- In the event of overtime, teams will switch sides and play an additional 6 rounds (3 on each side) with $10,000 start money; if the score is still tied, another overtime period will be played to determine the winner
- All players names must be in the format of their team tag + gaming alias
(i.e. Newegg | Bob)
Setup and Configuration:
- Non-standard game settings or third party applications that affect game play are not permitted. Players found using either will be penalized at the administrators´ discretion.
- Use of the ESEA Newegg anti-cheat client will be mandatory
- Crouch hopping will not be allowed and will be enforced exclusively via ESEA Newegg client
- Use of Ventrilo is allowed
- Any disconnection issues that cannot be resolved by the players in the match must be brought to the attention of an admin immediately
- Any use of game exploits, cheats, or any other play deemed “unfair” by an admin may result in disciplinary action up to and including disqualification from the tournament
- All players must save game replays and end-of-game score screen shots; in the event of a dispute, these assets will be used as evidence to determine the result of the dispute
- Disputes must be filed within 10 minutes of the completion of the match on the Support page
- All players must be on and ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled match time; it is highly recommeded players idle #newegg.support on irc.gamesurge.net to facilitate communication
- Once the match starts, players will not be able to dispute a match on the grounds of match settings
- Any intentional abuse of "pause" by a player on the server will be result in disciplinary action to be decided by an administrator
In-Game Messaging and Communication:
- Competitors are not allowed to use global in-game chat in an abusive, offensive, vulgar or spamming manner at any point during a match. This includes pre-match, intermission and post-match periods as well.
- When a match is live, only team captains are allowed to use global in-game messages between rounds or at half time, other players must use team-only in-game messages
- Violators of these rules are subject to penalties at the administrators’ discretion, which may include player suspension(s) or forfeiture of the match.
- All match disputes must be filed by a team captain during regulation play, or within 5 minutes after the match’s conclusion
- Methods of contacting an admin include IRC support located at #newegg.support on network irc.gamesurge.net or by filing a support ticket on the Support page.
Slient or unrechable bomb plants – The bomb must be audible and planted in a position that is accessible without a boost
Flashbang exploits - No flashbang exploits will be allowed
Use of any unapproved textures or models - Only default CS 1.6 models will be allowed
Punishment for any violation will be at the sole discretion of the administrators
|Server Crash:||The server machine crashes/freezes/etc. causing the match server to stop responding|
|Solution:||An administrator will restart the server, stop the tournament clock, and play will continue from the point of disruption. Points will be added to the amounts totaled before the crash, and the tournament clock will be restarted once the game is live again.|
|Client Crash:||A player’s computer crashes/freezes/etc. causing the participant to be unable to continue play|
|Solution:||Play will be paused by a team captain at the freezetime of the NEXT round until the client can reconnect OR 5 mintues passes, whichever comes first.|
The Administrators reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organizer decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament. Teams are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and prior to the event to ensure they are in complete compliance. Teams must understand that rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by the administrators based on the spirit of the game.